Ice Cream Crepe Roll Up
WOW your friends and family with a unique and delicious dessert (or breakfast) that takes only minutes to prepare! Use either our gluten free crepes or our sweet crepes - just choose your favourite ice cream!
1. On a clean bench lay out six crepes - two across by three down, overlapping each other so that there are no gaps. You want to create a large “rectangle”.
2. Soften the ice cream by leaving it at room temperature for a little while, or warming it in the microwave. You want it JUST soft enough to spread, but not melted.
3. Spoon and spread the ice cream over the crepes, about 1cm thick, right to the edges, and leaving a 2cm gap at the top. Try to work fast so that the ice cream doesn’t melt!
4. Carefully roll up the crepes starting from the bottom, encasing the ice cream within the rolled up “giant crepe”.
5. Wrap the giant roll up tightly in baking paper or cling film, and place in the freezer to harden for at least 2 hours or until you are ready to serve.
6. To serve, use a large serrated knife to slice the roll up into rounds, each 1-2cm thick. Place onto individual plates and serve with fruit or fruity sauce.